EBWPA Endorsements for the March 3, 2020 Primary Election
Thank you to everyone who participated in our 2020 Primary Endorsement Process on January 11, 2020. The results are as follows:
- State Senate, District 7: Marisol Rubio
- Alameda County Board of Supervisors, District 1: Melissa Hernandez
- Alameda County Superior Court Judge, Seat 2: Elena Condes
- Alameda County Board of Education, Ward 2: Amber Childress
- Alameda County Board of Education, Ward 5: Janevette Cole
- Alameda County Measure C: Yes
- City of Berkeley Measures E, G, H: Yes
- Contra Costa County Measure J: Yes
Per our bylaws, in order to receive the EBWPA endorsement a candidate must declare their agreement to/support for our organization's bottom line issues and meet a 60% support threshold of present voting members. EBWPA only endorses pro-choice women candidates and measures that directly affect the wellbeing of women in our community. All candidates seeking the endorsement of the East Bay Women's Political Alliance must have completed our Candidate Questionnaire.
EBWPA's Bottom Line Issues:
- Pro Choice
- Advancing gender equity
- Mentoring women to create new generations of women's leadership
- Ending discrimination based on age, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, immigration status, marital status, socioeconomic status, and disability
For EBWPA to consider a ballot measure at the endorsement meeting, please email email@example.com with the name of the measure (Letter if applicable), information about the measure, and a contact person for the committee.
In order to be eligible to vote in our 2020 endorsement meetings you must be:
- A continuing member in good standing within the past 12 months; or
- A new member who has joined at least 30 days prior to the endorsement meeting. (Last day for NEW members to join and be eligible to vote for the 2020 Primary Election Endorsement Meeting is December 13, 2019)
Membership in the East Bay Women’s Political Alliance means you are joining your voice with others to amplify our collective power in the political arena.
- Access to exclusive membership events.
- Participation in the annual election of Board members.
- Ability to vote on electoral endorsements.
- Access to other networking opportunities.
Annual membership levels are:
- Honorary (women under 18 years old) Free
- Student $15
- Young Professional (under age 30) $25
- Regular Membership $50
To join, visit our website.
For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org